Orbit Links for May 23 2008
Another weekly round-up of links of interest featuring Orbit authors that we’ve found (or have been pointed in the direction of) out there on T’Internet:
- The sad news that Robert Asprin has passed away has come as a shock to everyone here at Orbit.
- Marie Brennan has been visiting the UK recently, and blogged a diary of her travels and adventures – everything from navigating London to meeting the Orbit crew, to living off supermarket microwave dinners – in eight installments, starting here.
- Michael Cobley (whose Orbit debut will be appearing early in 2009) was extremely impressed with Ian McDonald’s Brasyl.
- Laurell K Hamilton will be on the radio next week, as a guest of The John Carney Show and KMOX AM Radio.
- Charlie Huston is on the spot over at Fantasy Book Spot. He’s also posted a piece of micro-fiction on his own blog: ‘Pachuco Dave wants to dance’, as well as the maps for his next Joe Pitt novel, Every Last Drop.
- Glenda Larke was impressed with a Deathray magazine review of The Shadow of Tyr.
- Ken MacLeod is pleased to report that his story ‘The Vorkuta Event’ is appearing in new Cthulu / Singularity themed short fiction anthology The Cthulian Singularity.
- Lilith Saintcrow is offering her US-based readers a chance to win an ARC of her new novel, Night Shift.
If you see any online articles, reviews or interviews that feature an Orbit author, please feel free to drop us a line and let us know!