Orbit Links for August 22 2008
- - August 22nd, 2008
It’s Friday lunchtime, which can mean only one thing (well, around here, anyhow): it’s time for our weekly round-up post of links to items of interest featuring Orbit authors:
- Marie Brennan comments on varying reader reactions to her work, and possible reasons therefore, over at sfnovelists.com.
- Marianne de Pierres and Sean Williams have both contributed to an article entitled ‘How I Write‘ over at ConceptSciFi.com.
- Robert Jordan fans and collectors, take note: large parts of his collection of antique and reproduction swords, spears, hatchets and knives will be auctioned via eBay in the next couple of weeks.
- Stan Nicholls (author of Orcs, out this September from Orbit US) was interviewed on the Wonderlands ning community.
- Jennifer Rardin‘s kick-ass heroine Jaz Parks is the latest guest of Jezebel the Demon over at the Cat and Muse radio talk-show.
- A fresh slice of writing advice from Lilith Saintcrow, this time on the subject of avoiding unnecessary deletion.
- And Lilith Saintcrow has launched a Wiki to provide background for her writing – check out The Shadow Journal and feel free to contribute (as per submission guidelines).
- Sean Williams talks to ConceptSciFi.com about his recent work, including the Astropolis series and his work on the official novelisation of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.
- Over at Grasping For the Wind, there’s an interesting discussion developing on the merits of urban fantasy (a subject very dear to the Orbit team’s collective heart) and what a select group of bloggers think might be the Next Big Thing, genre or sub-genre-wise.
As always, if you see any online articles, reviews or interviews that feature an Orbit author, please feel free to drop us a line and let us know! We’ll happily name-check your website or blog with a heads-up credit in return (please remember to provide us with a link…)