Descent by Ken MacLeod

DESCENT Ken MacLeod

Author of 2013 Arthur C. Clarke Award-nominated Intrusion tells a science fiction story for the twenty-first century – what happens when conspiracy theorists meet Big Brother?

THE LASCAR’S DAGGERGlenda Larke

The start of a brand new epic fantasy trilogy from the author of the Stormlord series – full of scheming, spying, action and adventure.

THE CROWN TOWER by Michael J. Sullivan

The Crown TowerWe are excited to announce the next book by Michael Sullivan, THE CROWN TOWER! Orbit will be publishing worldwide in August 2013!  It is the first book in the Riyria Chronicles and it will be a two book series, with the second novel, THE ROSE AND THORN, following soon after.

Two men who hate each other. One impossible mission. A legend in the making.

Hadrian, a warrior with nothing to fight for is paired with a thieving assassin, Royce, with nothing to lose. Together they must steal a treasure that no one can reach. The Crown Tower is the impregnable remains of the grandest fortress ever built and home to the realm’s most prized possessions. But it isn’t gold or jewels that the old wizard is after, and if he can just keep them from killing each other, they just might do it.

For more information, please see Michael Sullivan’s website here.

Theft of SwordsRise of Empire

Heir of Novron

Cover art by Larry Rostant, visit his website to see his full portfolio.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Lindsey Sablowski

September 26, 2012

As a published author and lover of fantasy, I am so excited for Michael! Honestly love his series, and I know he had been awaiting this news… So congrats to you, Michael! Thank you for always being an inspiration, and your stories are amazing. Wishing you the best of luck! I’ll of course be buying a copy when it comes out :)

2. Rynier

September 26, 2012

Another year????? Are you kidding me? You can’t tell me about a new book and then say I must wait another year!

3. Benjamin Love

September 26, 2012

Sweet! I’m starting the countdown now. Only a year to go. Looking forward to seeing the prequel books; more Royce and Hadrian!

• Lance Thompson

September 28, 2012

Loved the Revelations and cant wait for chronicles!

Wonder if Mr. Sullivan ever checked out Spartacus??

4. Faith townsend

September 26, 2012

I second the earlier comment: another year?! Worth the wait but again…another year! :)

5. John Hassey

September 26, 2012

OMG!!! Awesome!!! Loved the first 3 novels now I can get this one!!!!

6. Karmelek

Hurray!! :D
    In Poland we have only “Thief of Swords” and for few days “Rise of Empire”. Great timing, but I can’t wait!
    Royce and Hadrian <3

7. Michael J. Sullivan

September 26, 2012

Thanks guys!! I’m very excited about these next two books – it’s so good to be writing Royce and Hadrian again. I missed “the boys.”

8. Timothy C. Ward

September 26, 2012

Very excited for more Royce and Hadrian. Thank you, Orbit, for picking this up!

9. BigZ7337

September 26, 2012

Very cool, I loved his other series, and I’m really looking forward to seeing how the guys met.

10. Melissa (My World...in words and pages)

September 26, 2012

There isn’t a word around to express how happy I am that more of this world is coming out way. Awesome pick up! Thank you!!!!!

11. Christine

September 26, 2012

Awesome! I absolutely loved the Riyria Revelations and can’t wait for the prequels!

12. Matthew

September 26, 2012

I am excited about the release but a year is such a long time to wait! A great series for anyone who hasn’t read them. You won’t want to put them down.

13. Robert Aldrich

September 26, 2012

Awesome! I love that Michael has been able to bring us another story of Royce and Hadrian! I cannot wait to get this for my collection!

14. Amanda

September 26, 2012

Can’t wait! Michael is such a great writer and I’ve loved all of his books. I will be recommending this to all my bookseller friends!

15. Alex Lewis

September 26, 2012

can’t wait for this one!

MJS is such a rockstar he’ll be in the ranks of Martin and Rothfuss and all the other household names.

16. Amber Ivers

September 26, 2012

I am super excited for this book. I read all six of Riyria Revelations. I can’t wait for this one to come out. I would love to see how they first met!

17. April

September 26, 2012

I am highly anticipating the release of The Crown Tower! After immensely enjoying Riyria Revelations, I can hardly wait! This will be the highlight book release of next summer, perhaps even the year. Let the waiting begin!!

18. Sarah

September 26, 2012

I am so excited about this release. Don’t know how I’ll manage to last until August though. Guess I have some rereading to do!

19. Caleb

September 26, 2012

A lot of good stuff next year! Looking forward to this!

20. Dana Belden

September 26, 2012

I am so excited that there is another story from Michael Sullivan. I loved the first series involving Ryria. It will be very interesting to learn some more of the backstory behind how Royce and Hadrian came to be partners.

21. Donna

September 26, 2012

So looking forward to reading more about Hadrian and Royce!

22. Betsy

September 26, 2012

I am so looking forward to these two books. The first 3 were fantastic and i can’t wait to read more. I have told all my friends about these books

23. Lincoln

September 26, 2012

The world that Mr. Sullivan has created for draws me into wonder. The conclusion of the trilogy was in a word complete, however I could not wait to jump back into that world. Exploring how Hadrian and Royce met will be a treat. I am so excited!!

24. LeeANna

September 26, 2012

It is an epic fantasy lovers dream come true! I loved the series and characters and I became an instant fan. Top of my list of things I have to look forward to! Thank you Mr. Sullivan!

25. Melissa Grant

September 26, 2012

I wish it wasn’t a year to wait. I love the series and I am glad to know there will be more to read!

26. Jim

September 26, 2012

I’m looking forward to getting the new book.

27. Mitch

September 26, 2012

Can’t wait for the new series. Royce and Hadrian are great characters, and it was depressing to think that I wouldn’t be able to read any more books with them. Thanks for picking this up.

28. Eric Terrell

September 26, 2012

Awesome! Can’t wait for these, loved the Crown Conspiracy!

29. Lucian

September 26, 2012

I’m looking forward to reading more adventures from these guys!

Every now and then I get sucked into a fantasy series that is so formulaic I think it’s time to switch genres. And then, thankfully, I stumble upon a series like this that reminds me why I love to read to begin with. The Riyria Revelations pulled me back from the edge and I am so glad!

30. Kim

September 26, 2012

I’m very excited about this book coming out. I love Hadrian and Royce and can’t wait to continue reading about them.

31. Sherlockian

September 26, 2012

Can’t wait!! The first series was fantasic, and I know this one will be, too!!!

32. Larisa

September 26, 2012

Already looking forward to this — can’t wait! Will have to re-read the Riyria Revelations books again in preparation: a win-win.

33. Tyson

September 26, 2012

This is great news. Orbit hit a home run by signing Michael, looking forward to the next installments. Two new books, awesome.

34. Mike Smith

September 26, 2012

Wonderful news! If only it were coming out sooner! I absolutely loved the original series and I can’t wait to read Hadrian and Royce’s partnership begin.

35. Sarah

September 26, 2012

I was so excited to see this announcement. Wish it was coming sooner, but I’m sure it will be worth the wait.

36. Abhinav (@abhinavjain87)

September 26, 2012

Been waiting for something like this since I finished the Riyria novels in February. Awesome news all around!

37. Dietmar

September 27, 2012

This is great news – I can’t wait to read more about Hadrian and Royce and their adventures. Counting down the days ….

38. Steven

September 27, 2012

I’m so excited to read the Crown Tower. Michael is one of the Best of the new emerging authors. Orbit was smart to pick him up and get his fabulous books to an even wider audience. I Can’t Wait !!!

39. Doro Stadler

September 27, 2012

I can’t wait to finally read another great story about Hadrian and Royce from Michael!! Make sure both books are published not too far apart so I can start reading asap.. super excited!!!!

40. Ritesh Kala

September 27, 2012

More Royce and Hadrian! What could be better?

41. Jax

Awesome!
    But why only Aug 2013?? That’s sooo far away!
    Now I’m going to be counting the days till I can get it! :D

42. Neil Illing

September 27, 2012

Really excited about prequels to this fantastic Riyria Revelations Series, especially after being teased last year with The Viscount and the Witch short story. Love the book cover as well. So glad Michael is giving us more !

43. Tim Nelson

September 27, 2012

Another book from one of my favorite series! I can’t wait! Keep ‘em coming.

44. Carmen

September 27, 2012

We love this series at our home! We are very excited!

45. Milo (Bane of Kings)

September 27, 2012

Awesome news, the Riryia Revelations is among my favourite fantasy series and I can’t wait to see a prequel. Only issue is waiting a year, but this will certainly give me something to anticipate.

46. HeatherB

September 27, 2012

I can’t wait for this to come out.. this has been one of my favorite series I’ve ever read! Congrats to Michael and keep ‘em coming! :D

47. Carlissa

September 27, 2012

Love this series – can’t wait for these prequels to come out!

48. Jaime Chambers

September 27, 2012

I’m a big fan of Mr. Sullivan and was very excited to hear he would grace his readers with further adventures of Royce and Hadrian. I will gladly wait a year (and more) for these kinds of stories. Thank you to Orbit for recognizing talent when they see it!

49. Shelley Francom

September 27, 2012

I am so excited there is more! Not so excited about waiting a year, however.

50. Kim

September 27, 2012

This is great news! I am very much looking forward to the release of this book. Mr. Sullivan is a wonderful author and I love Hadrian and Royce!

51. Neil Illing (@nilling)

Excited!

52. ediFanoB

Wonderful news!!

I can’t get enough of Royce and Hadrian. The sad thing is tha we have to wait one year. But after the awesome Riyria Revelations series I know it is worth waiting for the books.

The question is now what soon after means. THE CROWN TOWER will be published in August 2013. And THE ROSE AND THORN will be pulished in ??? It would be great to get the second book before end of 2013. It would be a great Christmas gift. following soon after.

53. Sebastian Hidalgo

September 28, 2012

I’m so excited about this! I honestly can’t wait to read more about the exploits of Hadrian and Royce. Thank you so much for making this possible!

54. Nancy

September 28, 2012

Woohoo! I can’t wait…..!!

55. Libby Lanser

September 28, 2012

A whole year to wait feels way too long. But Michael’s books are so worth it. I cannot wait to see Royce and Hadrian again! :D

56. Michael J. Sullivan

September 30, 2012

Wow…I’m overwhelmed. So great to see so many people are excited to see more of Royce and Hadrian. You’ve made my day.

57. Katie

September 30, 2012

SWEET!!! I am so excited for this book. Mr. Sullivan is an amazing writer and I adore the Riyria series. Can’t wait for this and other works by him!!

58. Kernos

September 30, 2012

I’m also really looking forward to many more adventures of Royce and Hadrian. Keep writing!

59. Jeff Hite

October 2, 2012

I have been really looking forward to this book. I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

60. Alicia

October 2, 2012

I am so excited, he is one of the best authors I have read. You all are lucky to have him.

61. ELF

October 4, 2012

Fantastic! I greatly enjoy reading about this duo and was saddened to reach the end of “The Heir of Novron”. I am glad that the next volumes will be released relatively close to each other although I am impatient that it will not be until next summer. Congrats!

62. ELF

October 4, 2012

Fantastic! I greatly enjoy reading about this duo and was saddened to reach the end of “Heir of Novron”. I am glad that the next volumes will be released relatively close to each other although I am impatient that it will not be until next summer. Congrats!

63. Michael J. Sullivan

October 4, 2012

Wow, you guys are the best…I guess it’s good that I decided to write more about these two guys ;-)

64. Jason

October 7, 2012

I am really looking forward to reading more of the Riyria chronicles. They have been a staple and one of my most anticipated reads in my to-read pile for years now!

65. Riki

October 16, 2012

Riyria for life!!!

66. Riki

October 16, 2012

Also, I automatically buy anything Michael Sullivan writes (just FYI, Orbit).

67. Teri P

October 19, 2012

Hooray for another Royce and Hadrian adventure! I can’t wait to read more about their beginnings.