You all enjoyed testing your geeky knowledge on the urban fantasy heroines quiz we created a few months ago, and as we released GEARS OF WAR: THE SLAB (UK | ANZ) this month as well as MASS EFFECT: DECEPTION (UK | ANZ) in February we thought we’d create another quiz, this time on the subject of computer games. Here come the quotes!
1. “You had a cat named Ser-Pounce-a-lot?”
2. “Oh, right. I know a lot about lifting curses. That’s why I’m a disembodied talking skull sitting on top of a spike in the middle of a swamp.”
3. “I am the very model of a scientist Salarian! I’ve studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian . . .” [sung to the tune of Gilbert and Sullivan’s Major-General’s Song]
4. “I am sworn to carry your burdens.”
5. “The Enrichment Centre is required to remind you that the Weighted Companion Cube cannot talk. In the event that it does talk The Enrichment Centre asks you to ignore its advice.”
6. “When’s the last time the wind said ‘Hoosssttiiileesss’ to you?”
7. “Watching you guys is like a night in, watching my favourite movie. What was the name of that movie again? Oh, yes. Attack of the stupid bungling idiots who can’t find an even bigger idiot running around dressed like a bat!”
8. “Somebody set up us the bomb.”
9. “Well, I see that the President has equipped his daughter with ballistics too!”
10. “What are you, Desmond, a vegan? You’d be the first vegan assassin in history.”
When you find the answers, comment with the number of the quote, and the character and game that the quote came from – will you be the first to answer correctly?
Answers will be posted on the blog next Friday. Would you kindly try not to use Google to find these quotes, because, well, it’ll just spoil the fun, really! Super sneaky bonus points if you can identify the source of the hidden gaming quote in this paragraph.
Edit as of Friday 25th May: A week has passed and we’re posting the answers, so here they are, under the cut!
1. Hawke, Dragon Age II, 2. Murray the Talking Skull, The Curse of Monkey Island, 3. Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2, 4. Lydia, Skyrim, 5. Glados, Portal, 6. Dominic Santiago, Gears of War, 7. The Joker, Batman Arkham Asylum, 8. The Mechanic, Zero Wing, 9. Luis, Resident Evil 4, 10. Shaun, Assassin’s Creed II.
Bonus Answer: ‘Would you kindly’ is the hidden eleventh quote, the trigger phrase used throughout the game by Frank Fontaine in Bioshock, to brainwash the player character, Jack.